Learn how to make Chocolate Ganache that is keto and sugar free! This super simple recipe can be used as a topping for desserts, as a fruit dip or a decadent treat!
What is Chocolate Ganache?
Chocolate ganache is a wonderful combination of only two ingredients- yep, just two! All you’ll need for this recipe is sugar free chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream. Keto ganache is a blend of finely chopped chocolate and warm cream, which is mixed until it is very smooth. Learn how to make chocolate ganache in this simple tutorial!
Ingredients for Keto Ganache
Ganache only needs two simple ingredients. You might be tempted to add something else like vanilla extract or another add in, but don’t! Perfect, smooth ganache is made with these basic ingredients:
- Chocolate: Sugar free Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips- I used Lily’s brand. You can also use white chocolate chips for a white chocolate ganache
- Cream: Heavy whipping cream that has been heated until it is piping hot!
How do you make Keto Chocolate Ganache?
For this keto-friendly chocolate ganache, I used equal parts hot heavy whipping cream and sugar-free dark chocolate. This allows the chocolate to gently melt and combine with the cream for a creamy, smooth ganache worthy of any dessert. To make this decadent chocolate sauce you will need to follow these simple steps:
- Chop Semi Sweet Lily’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips as finely as you can. Pour them into a heatproof bowl and set aside.
- In a sauce pan (not the microwave) slowly heat heavy whipping cream to a simmer. When the cream is piping hot pour it over the chopped chocolate and place a lid on top of the bowl. Allow the chocolate to sit two minutes, then remove the lid and stir until a thick, creamy chocolate sauce has formed.
Tips for the Best Chocolate Ganache
- Make sure that no water comes into contact with this mixture while you’re mixing–It’ll cause the chocolate to seize up and separate into a grainy, gloopy mess.
- Chop your chocolate very finely
- The heavy cream should be VERY hot! As soon as it has begun to boil remove it from the heat and carefully pour it over the chocolate.
- Do not let the mixture sit too long before you stir it- two minutes is my recommended time.
What can I do with Chocolate Ganache?
The possibilities are endless! You can also this keto ganache for brownies, truffles, toppings to cakes or cupcakes, or even a decadent fruit dip! There are truly no limits to the ways this delicious ganache can be used. You can also use a different type of sugar free chocolate chip to make your preferred type of ganache. Some great ways to use ganache are:
- I used this ganache for these Chocolate Cheesecake Bars and they were divine!
- Brownies: smother your favorite brownies in ganache for a rich treat.
- Fruit Pizza: drizzle over this fruit pizza for a decadent dessert.
What do I do with Chocolate Ganache after it cools?
If you stir your ganache until smooth and allow it to cool completely, the ganache can be scooped with a spoon. It will be a thick, smooth chocolate that will be thicker than frosting, but a similar texture. You can use this as a dip for fruits or spread over baked goods. You can even add this to a piping bag with a wide tip and pipe it on like frosting.
Can I make frosting with Ganache?
Should you want to make a sugar free frosting with this ganache you will need to do one extra thing! Place the completely cooled ganache in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until it is light and fluffy. The volume will almost double and it will make a great sugar free frosting!
More Keto Chocolate Desserts
- Keto Brownies with Frosting
- Salted Caramel Stuffed Keto Brownies
- Keto French Silk Pie
- Keto Chocolate Sugar Cookies
How to Make Chocolate Ganache (keto + sugar free)
- 1 cup Lily's Sugar Free Semi Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chop Semi Sweet Lily's Sugar Free Chocolate Chips as finely as possible. Pour them into a heatproof bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan (not the microwave), slowly heat heavy whipping cream to a simmer. When the cream is piping hot pour it over the chopped chocolate and place a lid on top of the bowl.
- Allow the chocolate to sit for two minutes, then remove the lid and stir until a thick, creamy chocolate sauce has formed.