This Vanilla Cream Soda is sugar-free, low calorie, and the perfect sweet treat or party drink! Just 3 ingredients necessary for this delicious keto drink (just 0.2 carbs per glass)!
Vanilla Cream Soda
This creamy, sweet, delicious Vanilla Cream Soda is the perfect sugar-free drink to brighten up someone’s day! Perfect for birthday parties and showers, this simple drink will give you the classic old-fashioned soda shop flavor without packing on the sugar.
Did you know that cream soda is actually incredibly easy to make at home?! I had no idea… I imagined that me going sugar-free was the end of me enjoying the melted-milkshake flavor of cream soda. Thankfully, sugar-free syrup, soda water, and a little cream makes it possible to enjoy without an ounce of guilt! This is cheaper and more delicious than the store bought, too.
This beverage also has a lot of beautiful possibilities if you’re trying to work with a party theme! A tiny amount of food coloring added to your syrup will help make gorgeous hues without changing the flavor. Or you can offer a rainbow of possibilities by adding a menu of flavors like raspberry, blackberry, apple, and more! As long as you can find a sugar-free syrup in your preferred flavor (or an extract you can add to a homemade sugar-free syrup), you can easily create the drink of your dreams!
If you’d like, you can easily make this an alcoholic beverage as well. A shot of vodka works perfectly, and a shot of whiskey with a bit of caramel syrup instead of vanilla is absolutely amazing! The opportunities are endless here.
Sugar Free Cream Soda Ingredients
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll need. For specific measurements, keep scrolling to the printable recipe card.
- Sparkling Water
- Sugar Free Syrup (I chose vanilla for the classic cream soda flavor, but you could choose your favorite!)
- Heavy cream or half and half
How to make Vanilla Cream Soda without sugar
Cream soda is incredibly easy! You need some sparkling water (I use my Soda Stream), a sweet sugar-free syrup, and heavy cream or half and half. Fill a tall glass with ice, pour all the ingredients in, and mix until the glass is frosty and the cream is well-mixed.
You can try this with homemade or store bought sugar-free syrups, too! This makes cream soda a convenient, easy, and fun drink for a delicious treat!
Sugar Free Syrup
Sugar-Free syrups are extremely popular! They can be used to add to cocktails, coffees, and now soda to create flavorful drinks. My two favorite brands are Torani and Jordan’s Skinny Syrups. However, these store-bought syrups do have sucralose, and some people have reported that this has kicked them out of ketosis.
Luckily, you can get around this by making your own! You can make your own flavored simple syrup (using liquid monk fruit sweetener or allulose), then include that in your cream soda. It might take a little trial and error, but this is the perfect way to add some fun variety to your keto or sugar free lifestyle!
Tips for the BEST Sugar Free Cream Soda
- Don’t be afraid to test the measurements for yourself! You may prefer more or less syrup, more or less cream.
- Try different flavors! Torani and Jordan’s Skinny Syrups are two popular brands that carry sugar-free syrups. They come with fruity flavors, unique colorful flavors, fun fancy combinations, and delicious coffee-flavored syrups that are great for kids who want to copy adult coffee drinks without the caffeine!
- Make fresh — Do not make ahead of time. The fizz of the sparkling water, the thick heavy cream, and the sweet syrup are all at their best right when you pour and mix them with ice!
- Try with half and half instead of heavy cream. If you need a lighter beverage but still want the creamy texture, swap out the heavy cream with half and half! If you just want an Italian soda, skip the dairy completely.
What to serve with a Keto Vanilla Cream Soda
To me, cream sodas are perfect for kids’ parties and diner foods! Cream soda is so easy to customize for everyone’s preferences… You can mix and match flavors, then enjoy with or without the cream. Here are some of my favorite dishes for this drink:
- Serve kid-friendly favorites like Keto Chicken Nuggets, Pepperoni Pizza Bites, or Pizza Chaffles. Add fun side dishes like Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Tots or Crispy Zucchini Chips to round out the meal without a ton of carbs.
- Serve with diner favorites like Keto Bacon Cheeseburgers, a Chicken Bacon Ranch Chaffle Sandwich, or even Steak and Eggs. Juicy diner food with a sweet homemade soda feels indulgent even without gluten or sugar! Adding some Crispy Keto Fries can’t hurt, either!
- Enjoy with a sweet snack… Think about these Air Fryer Brownies, Keto Whoopie Pies, or this No Bake Peanut Butter Pie.
More Keto Drinks
- Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte – 2.7 net carbs
- Keto Margarita – 1.4 net carbs
- Sugar Free Lemonade – 2.0 net carbs
- Keto Caramel Frappuccino – 1.8 net carbs
- Keto Hot Cocoa with Espresso Whipped Cream – 3.8 net carbs
- 6 ounces sparkling water
- 1 ounce vanilla sugar-free syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Fill a glass with ice. Pour in the syrup, soda, and finally the heavy cream. Stir and serve immediately.
How to make your own vanilla syrup: bring 1 cup of water, 1.25 cups of allulose (or 1 tablespoon of liquid monk fruit), and 1 vanilla bean to a boil. Lower heat and allow to simmer 15 minutes. Store in a jar (with or without the vanilla bean) up to 1 month in the fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 25Total Fat: 2.7gCholesterol: 8.4mgSodium: 28.8mgCarbohydrates: 0.2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0.2gProtein: 0.2g