This ultra low-carb, one-pan Keto Cajun Shrimp recipe has about 1 net carb per serving! You only need one pan and 20 minutes to create an easy low-carb dinner.
I don’t know what I love more about this recipe — the actual Cajun shrimp or the Cajun cream sauce for the shrimp. Regardless, this is a super simple recipe that takes about 20 minutes to make from start to finish.
I used a homemade Cajun shrimp seasoning to make this recipe since I know that not everyone keeps the pre-made kind on hand. Cajun shrimp seasoning is a blend of of paprika, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Simple!
Enjoy the low-carb Cajun shrimp right away, or meal prep for later in the week. Whenever you eat the shrimp in Cajun cream sauce, I know you’re going to love it!
Ingredients in Cajun Shrimp
What I love most about this recipe — aside from how quickly it comes together — is that I always have these ingredients on hand.
The ingredients for this Cajun shrimp recipe are mostly pantry staples you probably already have. Since shrimp is handy to keep in the freezer, you’ll find this is a go-to recipe for busy nights!
Here’s what you’ll need to make the shrimp, seasoning, and the Cajun sauce for the shrimp:
- Heavy cream
Is Shrimp Keto?
Yes! Shrimp is a great source of keto-friendly protein. It’s low in carbs but high in protein!
How to Make Cajun Shrimp
- Begin by heating a large heavy bottom skillet over medium heat. I prefer to use my cast iron skillet.
- Melt butter in the skillet and add the garlic, shrimp and spices. Stir well to make sure the spices are evenly distributed and the shrimp is covered.
- After 3-4 minutes, the shrimp will begin to turn pink (however, this will depend on how big your shrimp are). Add the additional butter and heavy cream.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low. Allow the butter to melt completely and a creamy Cajun sauce will develop.
- Stir the shrimp very well so it’s completely coated and serve immediately. If you wish, you can garnish with fresh lemons, parmesan cheese, or hot sauce.
Can This Recipe Be Meal Prepped?
Yes, this dish would be a great way to prepare a healthy protein that could be used for multiple meals throughout the week!
How Many Net Carbs Are in This Recipe?
This recipe has about as close to zero net carbs as you can possibly get! For one serving of this keto Cajun shrimp, there are about 1 net carb per serving.
This is the kind of dish you can pair with a side that is slightly higher in carbs than you might normally choose.
How to Store and Reheat Cajun Shrimp
Cajun Shrimp should be stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container up to four days. To reheat, pour the shrimp and sauce into a skillet and simmer on low until all shrimp are warmed throughout.
You can also microwave in 30-second increments, but be careful to stir often to try to get an even reheat.
What to Serve with Cajun Shrimp
This shrimp is so good you might just want to eat it by itself! But there are many low-carb side dishes that would pair perfectly.
- Crispy Keto Zucchini Fries
- Keto Mashed Cauliflower
- Sautéed zoodles
- Cauliflower Rice
- Air Fryer Broccoli
More Keto Shrimp Recipes:
I love creating new low-carb shrimp recipes! Here are some of my recent favorites:
- Keto Coconut Shrimp
- One-Pan Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- Keto Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- Keto Shrimp and Grits
- Sesame Shrimp Skewers
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!
Keto Cajun Shrimp
- 1 pound deveined peeled shrimp
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- To cook the shrimp heat a large skillet to medium heat.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter, add garlic and the raw, shelled shrimp to the skillet and sprinkle the cajun spices over the shrimp. Stir well so it is evenly coated.
- Cook the shrimp 3-4 minutes and when it is pink and tender add the butter and heavy cream to the skillet and stir to form the creamy sauce.