This ultra low carb one pan Keto Cajun Shrimp has about one net carbs per serving! You only need one pan and 20 minutes to create an easy low carb dinner.
What ingredients do you need to make keto cajun shrimp?
What I love most about this recipe, aside from how quickly it comes together, is that I always have these ingredients on hand. The ingredients for this recipe are mostly pantry staples you probably already have. Since shrimp is handy to keep in the freezer you’ll find this is a great go to recipe for busy nights.
- Heavy cream
How do you make keto cajun shrimp?
Begin by heating a large heavy bottom skillet over medium heat. I prefer to use my cast iron. Melt one tablespoon of butter in the skillet add the garlic, shrimp and spices. Stir well to make sure the spices are evenly distributed and the shrimp is covered.
After 3-4 minutes the shrimp will begin to turn pink, but this will depend on how big your shrimp are. Add the additional butter, hot sauce and heavy cream. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Allow the butter to melt completely and a creamy cajun sauce will develop.
Stir the shrimp very well so it is completely coated and serve immediately. If you wish you can garnish with fresh lemons, parmesan cheese or hot sauce.
How many net carbs is in cajun shrimp?
This recipe has about as close to zero net carbs as you can possibly get. For one serving of this keto cajun shrimp there are about one net carbs per serving. This is the kind of dish you can pair with a side that is slightly higher in carbs than you might normally choose.
What should you serve with cajun shrimp?
This shrimp is so good you might just want to eat it by itself! But there are many low carb side dishes that would pair perfectly. One of my favorite sides are these Crispy Keto Zucchini Fries. They are the best way to satisfy your carb craving.
If you want real keto comfort food try this cajun shrimp with this loaded cauliflower casserole. It has all of the flavor of a baked potato but none of the carbs! Drizzle a little of the cajun sauce over the loaded cauliflower for an out of this world flavor combo.
Some other easy low carb side dishes you may love include:
- Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
- Keto Broccoli Cheddar Bites, easy cheesy and only 1 net carb each.
- Chili Cheese Collard Green Chips, tastes just like Chili Cheese Fritos and only one net carb
- Garlic Herb Roasted Radishes, tastes just like roasted little red potatoes, 2 net carbs
- Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuits, only 2 net carbs and tastes just like a Red Lobster Biscuit
- 1 pound deveined, peeled shrimp
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- To cook the shrimp heat a large skillet to medium heat.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter, add garlic and the raw, shelled shrimp to the skillet and sprinkle the cajun spices over the shrimp. Stir well so it is evenly coated.
- Cook the shrimp 3-4 minutes and when it is pink and tender add the butter and heavy cream to the skillet and stir to form the creamy sauce.
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!