Make this One Pan Cilantro Lime Shrimp on busy nights for a flavor packed, keto-friendly meal that is ready in a flash!
Say hello to your new favorite dish! This One Pan Cilantro Lime Shrimp is the ultimate quick and easy dinner. With just a few basic ingredients, one pan and less than twenty minutes, you can have a delicious keto-friendly dish! You can serve this dish with easy Air Fryer Broccoli or over Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice for a complete low carb meal!
If you would prefer delicious shrimp tacos, serving in these Keto Zucchini Tortillas, about one net carb each! Top the tacos with avocado, salsa, sour cream and lettuce for a really delicious meal!
Ingredients for Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Rice
As always, you will find the complete recipe below, just keep scrolling. This is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- Olive oil: use a high quality extra virgin olive oil for best results, you can substitute avocado oil if you prefer.
- Butter: I use salted butter, but if you are sensitive to sodium use unsalted so you can control the amount of salt in the dish.
- Garlic: fresh minced garlic provides the best flavor.
- Limes: you will need fresh limes for this recipe, as you will be using both the zest and juice.
- Cilantro: freshly chopped cilantro is advised over dried cilantro.
- Spices: chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper
- Shrimp: for ease of use, I prefer to purchase shrimp where the shells have already been removed.
Tips for the Best Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- Purchase raw, deveined, shelled shrimp: to make this recipe come together super fast purchase uncooked (not pink) already deveined and shelled shrimp. This takes out basically all of the prep work required for this recipe.
- Jumbo Shrimp: shrimp can be easy to overcook. Often, when cooking very small shrimp, sometimes referred to as salad shrimp, they can be tough and rubbery. This is because the cooking time for shrimp is so short it is very easy to overcook. Jumbo shrimp is juicy, flavorful and is harder to overcook, making it more fail-proof than other varieties.
- Fresh Ingredients: Use fresh garlic, limes and cilantro for the absolute best flavor possible!
- Use the Right Skillet: use a large, heavy bottom skillet, such as a cast iron skillet so the shrimp isn’t overcrowded and the dish cooks evenly.
Other Keto Mexican Recipes
This Easy Keto Taco Casserole is one of my favorites. This is a one pan casserole that is loaded with taco meat, vegetables and cheese for about 6 net carbs a serving! It is also great for meal prep, because it reheats and freezes well! Some of my other favorites are:
- Keto Zucchini Tortillas: about 1 net carb each and so delicious! Perfect for wraps, tacos and more!
- Cheesy Keto Taco Soup: an easy, cheesy no bean taco soup! Less than 6 net carbs per serving!
- One Pan Keto Green Chili Chicken: a simple, one pan meal that is ready in under 30 minutes! This recipe has over 600 five
- star reviews, it is really that good!
Other Shrimp Recipes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound uncooked shelled shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest from 1 lime
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the garlic about 30 seconds.
- Add the shelled shrimp, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, stir to coat.
Sauté the shrimp 2-3 minutes until they have turned pink.
- Stir in the zest, juice, and remaining three tablespoons of butter and cilantro. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes until the butter has melted completely and the butter garlic sauce has begun to thicken.
Add additional cilantro, lime wedges, salt and pepper for serving if desired.
If you do not like cilantro you can sub parsley.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1/4 of the pan
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 15.7gCholesterol: 213mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 1.8gNet Carbohydrates: 1.5gFiber: 0.3gSugar: 0.1gProtein: 23.3g