This easy Low Carb Taco Casserole is packed with meat, cabbage, Mexican flavors and loaded with cheese! It is a low carb, keto dinner that everyone will love!
One of the most popular recipes on this site is my One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It also happens to be one of the most made recipes in our house! It is easy, inexpensive, low carb and it always hits the spot! Recently we had a few avocados and jalapeños that needed to be used so I made our favorite go to but with Mexican flavors. It was such a hit!
If your family is like mine, Mexican food is always going to be a crowd pleaser. This is no different! For my not keto husband he ate this with tortilla chips, but could easily cut up some low carb tortillas and bake them or throw them in the air fryer for some low carb tortilla chips! I had a bowl with avocado, sour cream and a little hot sauce. This low carb taco casserole was a huge hit!
Low Carb Taco Cabbage Skillet Ingredients
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in this low carb taco casserole. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Ground beef- turkey also works fine
- Jalapeno- seeded and diced
- Cabbage- chopped
- Tomatoes with green chilies- canned
- Tomato sauce
- Taco seasoning- check out this Homemade Keto Taco Seasoning
- Cheddar cheese
How to make keto taco casserole
First, brown your meat and drain. Second, add in the jalapeno and saute. Add cabbage, tomatoes with green chilies, tomato sauce and taco seasoning and stir well. Next, cover and reduce the heat to medium and allow to cook for 15-18 minutes. Top with cheese and any other toppings you want!
How to Store and Reheat Low Carb Taco Casserole
To store this casserole, place in either a glass or plastic container with an airtight lid and place in the fridge. This casserole will stay fresh for up to four days. To reheat, place on a microwave safe plate and warm in 30 second increments until your desired temperature is met. You can also warm on the stovetop in a small pot.
Other Easy One Pan Keto Dinners
If you are like me you love a good one pan recipe. One of the hardest things about staying on track with keto is that your “go to” recipes are probably off limits, such as pastas, pizzas and other carbful dishes. Don’t worry, I have new “go to” keto recipes that you will love and tons of them can be made in just one pan and in under 30 minutes
- Cheesy Jalapeno Chicken is packed with flavor. Tender chicken breast are season and seared and swimming in a cheesy sauce.
- Keto Cabbage Casserole is extremely easy and reheats well too.
- Sesame Pork and Green Beans, even better than take out and only 4.5 net carbs per serving.
- Keto Mushroom Chicken ready in under 30 minutes and only TWO net carbs per serving.
- Sausage Cabbage Keto Skillet, this is a classic. Fried cabbage and smoked sausage make the ultimate easy, low carb dinner.
More Low Carb Mexican Recipes
- Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas (keto + low carb)
- Pollo con Queso (keto + low carb)
- Instant Pot Tacos with Spicy Coleslaw (keto + low carb)
- Keto Chicken Fajita Taquitos
- Easy Keto Enchiladas
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey, browned and drained
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/2 head of cabbage chopped into medium chunks (roughly 3 cups)
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies (undrained)
- 1 (8 ounce can) of tomato sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) package of taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
In a medium size skillet brown your beef or turkey over medium heat, drain off any grease.
Add the jalapeño and sauté 3-5 minutes.
Add the cabbage, tomatoes with green chilies, tomato sauce, taco seasoning and stir well.
Cover and reduce heat to medium cooking for 15-18 minutes stirring occasionally.
Top with cheese!
For s spicy version use shredded pepper jack cheese!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Total Fat: 13.1gCarbohydrates: 6.9gFiber: 1.2gProtein: 32.5g