This Keto Sausage and Cabbage Breakfast Hash is an incredibly hearty low carb breakfast! At under 5 net carbs per serving this dish takes similar to a traditional breakfast hash without the carbs!
My cousin Katie has been following a keto diet and she text me recently and said if she say another egg she thought she would die. Girlfriend, I’m with ya! I have hit those roadblocks where I just cannot eat anymore eggs or cheese. Usually, the only way to shake it is to try them a new and different way. This very easy Keto Sausage and Cabbage Breakfast Hash was just what I needed to get out of my funk with eggs. This resembles a traditional potato hash surprisingly well!
What is a Keto Breakfast Hash?
A traditional breakfast hash typically features potatoes, onions and peppers all fried until crispy and then topped with fried eggs. This low carb has features a bed of smoked sausage and fried cabbage topped with eggs. It is hearty, inexpensive and easy! This is the perfect keto breakfast or even to serve as an easy dinner!
What are some other keto breakfast recipes?
If you guys are like me you might like an example of what a complete keto meal looks like. So here are some ideas of what a keto breakfast under 7 net carbs might be:
- One heaping serving of this Keto Sausage Breakfast Hash
- Keto Mocha Frappuccino and three Keto Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites = just under 7 net carbs
- Keto Coffee Frappuccino, two Keto Sausage Cream Cheese Rolls and one hard boiled egg = roughly 6 net carbs
- Four Keto Almond Flour Sausage Balls and two scrambled eggs and an 8 ounce glass of unsweetened almond milk = roughly 5 net carbs
- Steak and Eggs and black coffee = roughly 2 net carbs
- Two BLT Lettuce Wraps and an Almond Butter Frappuccino = 7 net carbs
- Two Keto Cinnamon Rolls (seriously!!!) two slices of bacon and one egg over easy = under 5 net carbs
- Two Keto Ham and Cheese Muffins with a Coffee Frappuccino =under 7 net carbs
I hope that is as helpful for you as it is for me! I find it really hard to visualize such small carb amounts because we are so used to seeing breakfast options being high in carbs like cereals and pastries. However, you can definitely have a filling keto breakfast under 7 net carbs if you choose your carbs wisely!
- 1 (12 ounce) package of smoked sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 cups cabbage, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 onion powder
- 1/4 paprika
- 4 eggs
Heat a 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray or add 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
Brown the sliced smoked sausage until lightly crisp.
Remove sausage from skillet and set aside.
Add butter, garlic, chopped cabbage, and spices and stir well. Fry cabbage to your desired tenderness. If you would like more crunch this will take 3-4 minutes. If you like your cabbage very tender it will cook closer to 10 minutes.
When the cabbage reaches your desired texture add the cooked sausage and stir until heated through.
In another skillet (or transfer your cabbge mixture to a serving dish and use the same skillet) heat to medium heat and spray with cooking spray or an additional 1 tablespoon of butter and cook the eggs the way you prefer (I did sunny side up) top Keto Sausage Hash with the egg. Serve immediately.
This recipe is great with fried eggs, scrambled or poached eggs!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 744Total Fat: 65.3gCarbohydrates: 6.2gFiber: 1.7gProtein: 31.6g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!