This Mushrooms Swiss Omelette is the perfect quick and easy breakfast that is naturally low carb and gluten free.
Some days you wake up and everything feels effortless. This recipe is my cure for the mornings that are… NOT effortless. This Mushroom Swiss Omelette is the quick, low-carb breakfast that helps right all the wrongs that can happen between your alarm and the first meal of the day!
Instead of skipping breakfast or grabbing the first thing you see, you can spare just 15 minutes to make a filling breakfast that will make you feel like you can tackle the rest of the day! If you plan ahead and meal prep your mushrooms, you can even shave that time down to 5!
On top of being quick, healthy, low-carb, delicious, gluten-free, AND meal prep friendly, it’s easily customizable. If you know you have a whopper of a day ahead of you, you can throw in leftover protein or even lunchmeat to give yourself and extra protein boost. If you prefer a different cheese or have another sautéed/roasted/steamed vegetable sitting in the fridge, you can do use those instead! It’s the ultimate morning fix!
P.S. What’s the deal with omelet vs. omelette? I know that I’m American and should probably just spell it “mushroom swiss omelet,” but… There’s just something fancy about “omelette.” Since this recipe puts the world right side up for me again, I think I should put some respect on its name. Enjoy your omelette!
Ingredients for Mushroom Swiss Omelette
As always, you will find the complete recipe below, just keep scrolling. This is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need:
- Heavy cream
- Swiss Cheese
- Salt and pepper
Tips for the Best Omelette
- Use a small skillet for a two egg omelette. This results in the perfect thickness; if you use a large pan the omelette will be very thin and difficult to flip.
- Opt for a silicone spatula over a metal spatula.
- Beat the eggs well before adding to the pan, whisking the eggs makes the omelette perfectly light and fluffy.
- Season the eggs before you whisk them.
- Use a good heavy bottom, nonstick pan.
Other Flavor Combos
If you would like to switch things up, you can simply use this recipe as a guide and make an omelette according to your personal preferences. Some ideas include:
- Eggs, Mushroom, Swiss and Thinly Sliced Steak
- Eggs, Bacon, Cheddar and Green Onions
- Ham, Swiss and sautéed Onions
Other Low Carb Breakfast Recipes
- Keto Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Lemon Chia Pudding Parfaits
- Ham and Cheese Biscuits
- Grain Free Granola
Other Egg Recipes
- 1 tablespoon of butter, divided
- 1/2 cup portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream (you can sub 1 tablespoon water if needed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- In a 6 inch skillet melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter over medium heat, sauté the mushrooms and garlic, stirring occasionally, until the mushrroms are tender, about 6 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper until the eggs and smooth and a little frothy.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and melt the remaining butter, tilt the pan back and forth so the bottom and sides of the pan are greased.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the pan, tilt the pan back and forth so it is evenly coated. If the eggs seem to be cooking too quickly reduce the heat to medium low. Allow the eggs to cook undisturbed until the eggs have almost set.
- Top half of the omelette with the Swiss cheese and sautéed mushrooms, fold the other half of the egg over the fillings.
See tips and tricks section above for best results.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 Omelette
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 28gCholesterol: 302mgSodium: 481mgCarbohydrates: 3.4gNet Carbohydrates: 2.8gFiber: 0.6gSugar: 1.6gProtein: 18g