These Keto Ham and Cheese Biscuits are the perfect easy keto breakfast. Each soft, fluffy biscuit is loaded with cheese and ham and is less than 2 net carbs!
I’ve been following a keto diet for over a year now. For the most part, I rarely crave carbs but every once in while those tricky cravings sneak back and I need something that reminds me of my “carbful” days.
Most recently, my cravings for a good old ham and biscuit were absolutely out of control! Fortunately, I created a keto version that totally hit the spot!
These Keto Ham and Cheese Biscuits are great as a quick breakfast, amazing little sliders, or the perfect thing to serve with soup!
Ingredients for Keto Ham and Cheese Biscuits
To make these cheesy low-carb biscuits, you’ll need the following simple ingredients:
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Heavy cream
- Chopped ham
Can the Almond Flour Be Substituted?
No, this almond flour biscuit recipe must be made as written. Almond flour is the best keto flour I’ve found for this recipe, so that’s what I recommend.
How to Make Ham and Cheese Biscuits
This recipe is based off of my Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuits that I shared on my other website, Maebells. That version tastes insanely like Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits and only has two net carbs each!
These Ham and Cheese Biscuits have the same cheesy base that contains a cream cheese, cheddar and egg base. This mixture makes the perfect soft, fluffy, cheesy biscuits.
Here’s an overview of how these cheesy keto almond flour biscuits come together:
- Once the cream cheese, cheddar and eggs have been mixed, until smooth add the almond flour, baking powder, salt, butter and heavy cream.
- Next, fold in the chopped ham. The dough will be quite thick and you may be tempted to add more moisture, but don’t.
- After you’ve mixed the batter, chill in the fridge for 10 minutes (otherwise they will spread out too much as they bake).
- Use a small cookie or ice cream scoop to scoop them out onto a greased or lined baking sheet. Lightly press the dough down to flatten it slightly.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
How to Store Keto Biscuits
After baking, store these low-carb biscuits in the fridge. Since the recipe does make 22, I like to freeze about half of my batch for quick sandwiches or a side dish.
They freeze beautifully, so just store in an airtight freezer bag and reheat in 20-second increments until warm.
Tips for Making Ham and Cheese Biscuits
- You can use unsweetened almond milk instead of cream if you want, but the fat content decreases.
- The dough will be thick, be careful not to overmix, watch the video to see exactly how it should look.
- I use a SMALL cookie/ice cream scoop to get 22 biscuits. If you want to use a large/full size scoop, you will get approximately 12 biscuits with about 4 net carbs each. The baking time is 16-18 minutes for the large biscuits.
More Keto Breakfast Recipes:
- Keto Spinach Bacon and Egg Muffins
- Keto Sausage and Egg Bites
- The BEST Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- Keto Sausage Cream Cheese Rolls
- Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole
- 3 ounces cream cheese, SOFTENED
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (scrape the measuring cup out since it is thick, make sure you get ALL of the liquid)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 3/4 cup chopped ham
- 1 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese and eggs. Stir until cream cheese is smooth with no clumps.
- Add almond flour, baking powder, salt, heavy cream and melted butter.
Stir until combined.
- Fold in the chopped ham. Do not overmix or biscuits will be tough.
- Chill the dough 10-15 minutes.
- Using a small cookie or ice cream scoop spoon the biscuits out onto a greased or lined baking sheet. Lightly press the dough down.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until golden. Brush with melted butter.
You can use unsweetened almond milk instead of cream if you want, but the fat content decreases.
The dough will be thick, be careful not to overmix, watch the video to see exactly how it should look.
I use a SMALL cookie/ice cream scoop to get 22 biscuits. If you want to use a large/full size scoop you will get approximately 12 biscuits with about 4 net carbs each. The baking time is 16-18 minutes for the large biscuits.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 25 small biscuits Serving Size: nutrition calculated per biscuit
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 7.2gCarbohydrates: 2.2gFiber: 0.3gProtein: 6g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!