These Keto Sausage Cheddar Biscuits are loaded with flavor and have less than two net carbs each. Pair with scrambled eggs and enjoy the perfect keto breakfast!
Do you need another low carb breakfast recipe in your repertoire? You are in luck, these Keto Sausage Cheddar Biscuits are an ideal keto breakfast. These cheesy biscuits are naturally gluten free, low carb and reheat perfectly for meal prep.
To make weeks move a bit smoother in my home I like to make a batch of these on a Sunday and then enjoy them all week long. This recipe makes 23 small biscuits, so it’s ideal for weekly meal prep.
What ingredients do you need for Keto Sausage Cheddar Biscuits?
You will find the precise measurements and instructions in the recipe card below, but this is a quick overview of what you will need:
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Almond flour: this recipe is best with almond flour, I do not suggest substituting coconut flour.
- Baking powder
- Heavy cream
- Cooked breakfast sausage
How do you make Keto biscuits?
This recipe is based off of my Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuits that I shared on my other website, Maebells. That version tastes just like Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits and only has two net carbs each! You can also find a ham and cheese version I created here.
These Sausage and Cheese Biscuits have the same cheesy base that contains a cream cheese, cheddar and egg base. This mixture makes the perfect soft, fluffy, cheesy biscuits. Once the cream cheese, cheddar and eggs have been mixed until smooth add almond flour, baking powder, salt, butter and heavy cream.
Next, fold in the cooked sausage. The dough will be quite thick and you may be tempted to add more moisture, but don’t. After you’ve mixed the batter, chill in the fridge for 10 minutes (otherwise they will spread out too much as they bake).
Then use a small cookie or ice cream scoop to scoop them out onto a greased or lined baking sheet. Lightly press the dough down to flatten it slightly. Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
How do you store Keto Biscuits?
After baking store these biscuits in the fridge. Since the recipe does make about 23 biscuits I like to freeze about half of my batch for quick sandwiches or a side dish. They freeze beautifully, so just store in an air tight freezer bag and reheat in 20 second increments until warm.
What should I serve with Keto Sausage Cheddar Biscuits?
These are excellent on their own and make a perfect grab and go breakfast option. They also pair perfectly with scrambled or fried eggs. Another option is to slice the biscuit and add an egg for a complete low carb breakfast slider. No matter how you serve these biscuits, I bet you can’t just eat one!
What are some easy keto meal prep recipes?
You may also love these delicious Keto Spinach Bacon and Egg Muffins, they are only about 1 net carb each and great for keto meal prep. Another favorite of mine are these delicious Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars. They have about 2 net carbs per serving and are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Some other easy recipes include:
Low Carb Breakfast Recipes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, SOFTENED
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (scrape the measuring cup out since it is thick, make sure you get ALL of the liquid)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 3/4 cup cooked breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese and eggs. Stir until cream cheese is smooth with no clumps.
- Add almond flour, baking powder, salt, heavy cream and melted butter.
- Stir until combined.
- Fold in the cooked sausage. Do not overmix or biscuits will be tough.
- Chill the dough 10-15 minutes.
- Using a small cookie or ice cream scoop spoon the biscuits out onto a greased or lined baking sheet. Lightly press the dough down.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until golden. Brush with melted butter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 23 Serving Size: Nutrition Calculated Per Biscuit
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 11.4gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 153mgCarbohydrates: 2.5gNet Carbohydrates: 1.4gFiber: 1.1gSugar: 0.4gProtein: 6.3g