These Keto Cheddar Biscuits are made with sausage and are loaded with flavor and have less than two net carbs each. Pair with scrambled eggs and enjoy the perfect keto breakfast!
Do you need another low-carb breakfast recipe in your repertoire? You’re in luck, these Keto Cheddar Biscuits are an ideal low-carb breakfast.
These cheesy biscuits are naturally gluten free, low carb and reheat perfectly for meal prep. I made the keto breakfast biscuits with ground breakfast sausage to make them extra hearty and filling.
To make weeks move a bit smoother in my home, I like to make a batch of these on a Sunday and then enjoy them all week long. This recipe makes 23 small biscuits, so it’s ideal for weekly meal prep.
Ingredients in Keto Cheddar Biscuits
You will find the precise measurements and instructions in the recipe card below, but this is a quick overview of what you will need to make these sausage cheese biscuits:
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Heavy cream
- Cooked breakfast sausage
Can I Substitute the Almond Flour?
I’ve made these keto biscuits with almond flour as well as other keto-friendly flours. In my opinion, almond flour works the best in this recipe. I do not recommend substituting it.
How to Make Keto Cheddar Biscuits
This recipe is based off of my Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuits that I shared on my other website, Maebells. That version tastes just like Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits and only has 2 net carbs each! You can also find a ham and cheese version I created here.
These Sausage and Cheese Biscuits have the same cheesy base that contains a cream cheese, cheddar and egg base. This mixture makes the perfect soft, fluffy, cheesy biscuits.
- Once the cream cheese, cheddar and eggs have been mixed until smooth, add almond flour, baking powder, salt, butter and heavy cream.
- Next, fold in the cooked sausage. The dough will be quite thick and you may be tempted to add more moisture, but don’t.
- After you’ve mixed the batter, chill in the fridge for 10 minutes (otherwise they will spread out too much as they bake).
- Use a small cookie or ice cream scoop to scoop them out onto a greased or lined baking sheet.
- Lightly press the dough down to flatten it slightly. Bake until golden brown.
How to Store Keto Breakfast Biscuits
After baking, store these biscuits in the fridge. They’ll last up to five days in an air-tight container.
Can the Biscuits Be Frozen?
Yes! Since the recipe does make about 23 biscuits, I like to freeze about half of my batch for quick sandwiches or a side dish.
They freeze beautifully, so just store in an air-tight freezer bag and microwave in 20-second increments until warm.
What to Serve with Low-Carb Cheddar Biscuits
These sausage cheddar biscuits are excellent on their own and make a perfect grab and go breakfast option. They also pair perfectly with scrambled or fried eggs.
Another option is to slice the biscuit and add an egg for a complete low-carb breakfast slider. No matter how you serve these sausage cheese biscuits, I bet you can’t just eat one!
More Low-Carb Breakfast Recipes:
- Keto Sausage and Egg Bites
- The BEST Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- Keto Sausage Cream Cheese Rolls
- Keto Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
- Grain-Free Granola
- 3 ounces cream cheese, SOFTENED
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (scrape the measuring cup out since it is thick, make sure you get ALL of the liquid)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 3/4 cup cooked breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese and eggs. Stir until cream cheese is smooth with no clumps.
- Add almond flour, baking powder, salt, heavy cream and melted butter.
- Stir until combined.
- Fold in the cooked sausage. Do not overmix or biscuits will be tough.
- Chill the dough 10-15 minutes.
- Using a small cookie or ice cream scoop spoon the biscuits out onto a greased or lined baking sheet. Lightly press the dough down.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until golden. Brush with melted butter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 23 Serving Size: Nutrition Calculated Per Biscuit
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 11.4gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 153mgCarbohydrates: 2.5gNet Carbohydrates: 1.4gFiber: 1.1gSugar: 0.4gProtein: 6.3g