This Blackened Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Skillet is the perfect one pan dinner! This keto recipe is ready in under 30 minutes and is under 7 net carbs!
Blackened Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Skillet
This Blackened Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Skillet is the perfect recipe for when you need to serve several people but you’re short on time! This keto recipe features well seasoned chicken and fresh brussels sprouts, tossed in a flavorful spicy, buttery sauce. I love this meal because it’s beautifully simple while still being bursting with flavor- and it’s naturally low carb! You can enjoy a generous serving of this recipe for under 7 net carbs.
My Blackened Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Skillet is a super simple, while still being an impressive, dinner recipe. This meal serves four people and is a protein and vegetable dish all in one. You also only need one pan for this meal and it’s ready in under 30 minutes- meaning it’s perfect for a weeknight dinner. You can really feel confident feeding this to your family! There’s a large serving of protein and fiber in this dish, so it will keep you and your family feeling full and satisfied.
Ingredients for Blackened Chicken:
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Blackened Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Skillet. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the complete recipe.
For the Blackened Chicken Seasoning: Brown sugar monkfruit (if you aren’t keto, you can use regular brown sugar), Paprika, chili powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, garlic salt, pepper
For the Chicken and Brussels Sprouts: Olive oil, chicken breasts, Brussels sprouts, Chicken broth, minced garlic, Brown sugar monkfruit, hot sauce, butter
How to cook Brussel Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are at their best when they’re tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. This recipe gives a perfect sear to the brussels sprouts! If you need a simple side dish, try these Perfect Roasted Brussels Sprouts! For an amazing appetizer, consider making these Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts instead (you will LOVE the dipping sauce!).
How to Store and Reheat this Blackened Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Skillet
To store this keto dinner, pop into a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid and store in the fridge. This meal will stay fresh for up to four days. To reheat, you can either warm in the microwave (cook in 30 second increments until hot enough) or on the stove top. If you’re warming on the stove top, I recommend warming with a little bit of chicken broth so your chicken and veggies don’t get too dry. You also may want to cover the pan. Warm over medium low heat until heated through.
What should I serve with this Blackened Chicken recipe?
One of the great things about this recipe is that it’s a vegetable and a protein all in one, so you don’t have to add sides to the table if you don’t want to. But so many great recipes could go with this dish! For starters, try this Keto Salad Bowl or a Simple Arugula Salad.
On the table, add Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuits or Bacon Cheddar Chive Biscuits. For more fun bread recipes, check out this list of the Best Keto Bread Recipes. Many of the recipes on that list can be frozen, so meal prep can make your weeknights easier!
If you want some more vegetables on the table, try Air Fryer Green Beans or Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli. If you’ve got some picky eaters, these Keto Mozzarella Sticks or Whipped Feta Dip are always a hit with everyone! For dessert, try No Bake Cheesecake, a Cinnamon Roll Chaffle or Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls.
More easy keto dinner recipes
- Steak and Cheese Skillet
- Garlic Butter Chicken and Mushrooms
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
Blackened Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Skillet
Blackened Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar monkfruit or brown sugar if not keto
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon EACH chili powder and Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH onion powder garlic powder, garlic salt, pepper
- Combine the blackening spices in a small bowl and set aside. Toss the chicken in the spices, but reserve 1 teaspoon of the spice mixture for the Brussels Sprouts.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the seasoned chicken. Make sure the chicken is in one layer and allow it to cook without moving around for at least 3 minutes. Using a tong, flip the chicken and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until cooked through and golden brown. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet and place the sliced brussels cut side down. Sprinkle with the remaining seasoning. Cook the sprouts 5-6 minutes stirring occasionally, until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Remove the sprouts from the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the chicken broth, scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom of the skillet. Stir in the garlic, monk fruit, and hot sauce. Allow the sauce to simmer until reduce by half. Add the butter and when melted, add the cooked chicken and sprouts to the skillet.
- Toss the chicken and sprouts in the sauce and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until heated through.