This keto slow cooker zesty ranch chicken recipe is juicy, spicy, and as easy as it gets. It takes 5 minutes of prep work, and the slow cooker does the rest!
Easy Keto Chicken in the Slow Cooker
I’m a big fan of using my slow cooker. Especially during the middle of the week. A slow cooker is practically a cheat code for getting rich and flavorful meals on weekdays. This keto slow cooker zesty ranch chicken is the perfect example. It takes less than 5 minutes to get the recipe started, and then the slow cooker does the rest. At the end of the day, you’ll have a perfect keto chicken dinner with basically no work.
The chicken in this recipe is so juicy and tender. You can’t beat the texture of meat that slowly cooks for 8 hours. There’s a kick of spice from pepperoncini peppers and there’s the creamy, decadent flavor of ranch. I like to put this chicken in tacos and sandwiches, or on top of salads. But you can put it on pretty much anything!
Why You’ll Love This Juicy Ranch Chicken
This is one of my favorite weekday meals. Here’s why I know you’ll love it.
- So easy. Recipes don’t get easier than this one. It only has 5 ingredients in it. And the only thing you have to do is put those ingredients in your slow cooker and turn it on. What could be easier?
- Versatile. There are endless amounts of foods you could put this zesty ranch chicken on. It goes great in tacos, sandwiches, wraps, sliders, and burritos, or on salads, rice, and pasta. Whatever you’re making, this keto chicken is sure to go with it.
- Saves well. Because this chicken is made in the slow cooker, you can double or triple the recipe without adding any extra work, if your slow cooker is large enough. It saves really well in the fridge or freezer, so I love to make a large batch to have whenever I need an easy meal.
Here are all of the ingredients that you’ll need to make this juicy slow cooker chicken. Be sure to scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the page to see the exact amounts for each ingredient.
- Chicken breasts – Use skinless, boneless breasts for this recipe. They can be fresh or frozen.
- Butter – You’ll want to use unsalted butter.
- Cream cheese – I use full fat cream cheese when making this dish.
- Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix
- Pepperoncini peppers
How to Make Keto Slow Cooker Zesty Ranch Chicken
Here’s how to make this super simple, mouthwatering chicken dish. As you’re about to see, it’s so easy!
- Add the ingredients. Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook. Turn your slow cooker on to low, and cook for 8 hours.
- Shred. Shred the chicken and pepperoncini peppers, and serve.
Tips for Success
Here are some tricks and tips to use when making this keto chicken.
- Check the seasonings. You might notice that this recipe doesn’t have any salt in it. There should be enough salt in the cream cheese, ranch, and pepperoncini peppers to season the chicken. However, the salt level can change depending on your ingredients. After shredding the chicken, give it a taste, and add more salt if needed.
- Shred with forks. The easiest way to shred slow cooker chicken is by using 2 forks. Press the forks into the chicken with the back of the forks pressed against each other. Pull the forks away from each other to shred the chicken.
- Adjust the spice level. I really love the pepperoncini peppers in this recipe. They give the chicken a little kick. Plus, the vinegar balances out the cream cheese and ranch. If you don’t like spice, you can get rid of the peppers and the recipe will still work just fine. And if you’re a fan of heat, add more pepperoncinis!
What to Serve With Keto Chicken
You can serve this slow cooker chicken in anything, on anything, or with anything. I love to use it as the meat in a Chicken Salad, or in a Chicken Bacon Ranch Lettuce Wrap. Zesty ranch chicken works wonderfully in Mexican food, so I recommend using it in Quesadillas, or in a Keto Taco Salad.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Leftover keto slow cooker zesty ranch chicken will last in the fridge for up to 5 days, so you can eat it all week long. Store it in an airtight container, and reheat in the microwave in 30-second intervals until it’s warm.
Can This Recipe Be Frozen?
You can definitely freeze this keto chicken recipe. Store it in an airtight container in the freezer, and it will last for up to 4 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or defrost fully before reheating.
More Easy Keto Slow Cooker Meals
Slow cookers make it so much easier to have high-quality meals during the week. Here are a few of my other favorite easy keto dinners in the slow cooker.
- Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- Keto Cabbage and Beef Soup
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
- Slow Cooker Ginger Garlic Pork Tenderloin
- Crockpot Turkey Breast
Keto Slow Cooker Zesty Ranch Chicken
This keto slow cooker zesty ranch chicken is juicy, spicy, and rich. And best of all, it requires basically no work!
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix
- 8-10 jarred pepperoncini peppers
- Place all the ingredients in a small slow cooker (I use a 2 quart and it fits perfectly).
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir and shred the chicken and peppers when ready to serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days, or in the freezer for 4 months.
- Reheat in the microwave in 30-second increments until hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: About 3/4 cup chicken
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 9.8gCholesterol: 102.1mgSodium: 163.7mgCarbohydrates: 1gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: .5gProtein: 26.4g