Enjoy a slice of cheesy Taco Pizza topped with all of your favorite Mexican fixings! This low carb pizza recipe has just 5 net carbs per slice and is loaded with flavor!
There are two things in this world that I am obsessed with- pizza and tacos. So I thought to myself, how can I combine these two? And I got creative!
Using a keto-friendly pizza crust I made a delicious and hearty Taco Pizza! I love this meal because it sticks with my keto diet and it’s super delicious and filling! Everyone in your family will be clamoring to the table when you set this down!
This Taco Pizza sits on a fat head dough crust, is topped with scrumptious taco meat and cheddar and baked until golden brown! Top with your favorite taco toppings- sour cream, avocado, salsa, tomato, jalapeno, lettuce, the list goes on! For a fun family dinner night, make up a taco bar and everyone can make their own slice! This easy sheet pan meal can serve a crowd, while keeping everyone low carb!
P.S. – If you want more low-carb Mexican recipes, check out this list of 40+ Keto Mexican Food Recipes!
Ingredients for Low Carb Pizza
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients needed to make our Keto Taco Pizza. For the complete recipe, just keep scrolling.
- Keto Pizza Crust: Cream Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Almond flour
- Taco Meat: ground beef or turkey cooked and seasoned with taco seasoning.
- Cheese: a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Toppings: sour cream, lettuce, salsa, tomatoes, avocado, green onions, jalapeños
Substitutions for Keto Tacos
Here are a few ideas on how you can change up this pizza to make it suit your personal preferences:
- Taco seasoning– here is a great recipe for homemade taco seasoning that lowers the sodium content from the store bought packet
- Meat– I used ground beef, but you can use whatever you prefer! Ground chicken, turkey, or a meat substitute (like Beyond Beef or another plant based ground meat product) would work great here. Or a shredded crock pot chicken with taco seasoning would be tasty. You could also change it up and add black beans or refried beans!
- Cheese– Of course, you can use whatever type of cheese you like. Pepperjack for a little spice, a Mexican blend or of course, queso!
- Toppings– This is where everyone in the family can make their pizza their own! Lay out a buffet of options, whatever you like! I would definitely set out sour cream, chopped jalapenos, a tomato salsa and a tomatillo salsa, shredded lettuce, avocado slices or guacamole, chopped tomatoes- really anything that you enjoy on a taco can be put on this pizza!
What to serve with Keto Pizza
Is any meal complete without a few options? First and foremost, get yourself one of these Keto Margaritas (only 1.4 net carbs)! Now, here are some actual food recipes that I think sound great in combination with this taco pizza!
I love this Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Recipe, served with your favorite Keto Nachos. These Keto Cheesy Zucchini Breadsticks will make your family wonder where you hid the take out box! Marinated Mozzarella Balls are delicious and the perfect appetizer for any meal as well (I love to make these and snack on them throughout the week).
Now, for dessert! Whenever I think of dessert on pizza night, my mind always goes to cinnamon. Thankfully, I have these amazing Keto Cinnamon Rolls, which I could seriously eat an entire pan of on my own. If you’ve got a cookie lover in your house, we’ve also got these Keto Snickerdoodles!
Keto Pizza Recipes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 1 egg white, beaten until it has tripled in volume (optional, see notes below)
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked, seasoned taco meat
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chiles, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
For the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a microwave proof mixing bowl combine 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese and 2 ounces cream cheese. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted. Add the almond flour and ground flax meal. Mix the dough well until it begins to form a soft dough, fold in the beaten egg white if using.
- Spread onto a greased pizza pan. I had a roughly 10-11 inch crust.
- Pre-bake the crust for 7 minutes. It should be slightly brown.
- Spread the prepared taco meat over the crust, top with the drained green chilies, and remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 7-8 minutes on the top rack, until the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes. Top with the vegetables and serve immediately.
- Egg White: If you prefer a crispy, thin crust leave the egg out. If you prefer a more traditional pan crust add the egg white. It will help the crust rise and be softer instead of crisp.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: Nutrition Calculated Per Slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 15.9gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 680mgCarbohydrates: 7.1gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 2.2gProtein: 30g