Are Strawberries Keto? This informative guide will help you to enjoy your favorite fruits while sticking to a keto diet!
Are Strawberries Keto?
Yes, strawberries are a keto-friendly fruit! You do want to watch your portions and only enjoy them in moderation. Although the sugar and carbs found in strawberries are natural, you still want to keep a close eye on how many you are consuming so that you don’t accidentally go over your carb count for the day. It can be difficult to keep track of which foods are considered low carb enough to be eaten on a keto diet- this site will help you to keep your keto diet on track.
Strawberries are a very healthy fruit- they are naturally low carb, which is surprising because they are so sweet! When you eat strawberries, you’re going to get many benefits from this fruit. Strawberries are high in vitamins, fiber and antioxidants. They can reduce inflammation, increase your good cholesterol and lower your blood pressure.
Carbs in Strawberries
In one cup of strawberries, there’s 11.5 grams of carbs. But there are also 3 grams of fiber, so there’s 8.5 net carbs total in one cup of strawberries. Net carbs are calculated by subtracting the fiber from the total carbs. You want to watch your net carbs on a ketogenic diet, not your total carbs. The total net carbs you can consume on a keto diet are 50 net carbs a day, so strawberries are a great choice for a naturally low carb snack.
Benefits of Strawberries
Strawberries are a nutritional powerhouse. They increase your HDL cholesterol, which is the good cholesterol your body needs to keep your heart healthy. Strawberries are also very high in Vitamin C- you can get more of this essential vitamin in a handful of strawberries than you can get in an orange. The health benefits of strawberries also include naturally lowering your blood pressure and reducing your chances of cancer. When you enjoy strawberries, you’re also going to get a large dose of potassium and manganese.
Keto Strawberry Recipes
- Keto Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Keto Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce
- Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- Keto Strawberry Cream Cheese Pancakes
Keto Friendly Fruits
There are several fruits that you can enjoy on a keto diet- here’s a quick look at a few:
- Coconut is a great keto fruit option. In one cup, there’s only 2.5 grams of net carbs. Coconut is high in fiber and healthy fats. Try Toasted Coconut Granola for a delicious keto breakfast.
- Lemon is another popular keto fruit. In 1/8 of a lemon, there’s less than 0.5 net carbs. You can make many keto desserts using lemon, like these Keto Lemon Cheesecake Bars.
- Watermelon is another keto fruit that can be enjoyed in small amounts. In one cup of watermelon, there’s 11 grams of net carbs, so you do need to be sure to enjoy this fruit in moderation. Watermelon is known to be high in Vitamin C as well as antioxidants. Try this Spicy Watermelon Margarita for your next keto happy hour.
- Blueberries are an excellent low carb fruit. In 1/4 cup, there’s 3.4 grams of net carbs. Blueberries are high in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Try Low Carb Blueberry Bars for a great keto dessert.