These Cream Cheese Chaffles make the best keto breakfast! Lightly sweetened and just 1.3 net carbs each, these are perfect for gluten free low carb meal prep.
Cream Cheese Chaffles
These Cream Cheese Chaffles are going to be your new addiction! These sweet chaffles taste exactly like a regular waffle- but they’re keto! This keto recipe produces a lovely soft chaffle, but if you prefer a crispier texture, simply pop into the Air Fryer or your toaster. Enjoy at breakfast with sugar free syrup, at lunch as the “bread” for a peanut butter sandwich or for dessert with some fruit!
By replacing some of the mozzarella cheese in my Classic Chaffle recipe with cream cheese and using brown sugar monkfruit, I’ve been able to find the perfect recipe to replace your morning waffles. At only 1.3 net carbs each, these low carb waffles are going to become a family favorite.
These keto chaffles are super easy to make and freeze, making them perfect for keto meal prep. To reheat, all you need to do is pop into the toaster and you’re ready to go! These chaffles are also easy to customize- all cinnamon, keto frosting or your favorite sugar free jelly! These fluffy low carb waffles are going to become one of your family’s most requested meals!
Ingredients for Sweet Chaffles
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our keto chaffles. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Eggs, always size large eggs for chaffles.
- Almond flour, Baking powder, Sweetener- I used brown sugar monkfruit
- Mozzarella- shredded and Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract and Cinnamon- this is optional but I really enjoyed the flavor!
How do you make chaffles with cream cheese?
First, preheat your mini waffle maker. Once warmed up, spray with nonstick spray. Whisk your eggs, then add your shredded cheese, softened cream cheese, almond flour, baking powder, sweetener, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Mix until the cream cheese is smoothly incorporated throughout. Fill the waffle maker 2/3rd full- this is a little over 1/8 cup. Be careful to not overfill. Allow to cook 4-6 minutes, or until the steam stops coming out of the machine.
How do chaffles get crispy?
Most savory chaffles (like these Pepperoni Pizza Chaffles) crisp up as you let them cool. Sweet chaffles have more cream cheese and less mozzarella, which makes them more soft. To make these sweet chaffles crispy, just place into the Air Fryer or your toaster.
How to use chaffles
Use these sweet chaffles as a breakfast waffle- top with keto whipped cream, sugar free chocolate chips or sugar free syrup. These could also be great at the base for a peanut butter sandwich, or a peanut butter and jelly. Use this recipe for a Basic Keto Chaffle for all sorts of things! These Keto BBQ Stacks, Chaffle Pizza or this Chicken Bacon Ranch Chaffle are all great ways to use this recipe.
Some more favorites are this Keto Turkey Club Sandwich, Keto Bacon Cheeseburger or Chili Cheese Chaffles. You can also add ingredients to the batter, to make completely different flavors! Try Sausage Jalapeno Chaffles, Bacon Cheddar Chaffles, Jalapeno Cheddar Chaffles or Ham and Cheese Chaffles for some fun recipes!
For more chaffle ideas and recipes, check out this post — Everything You Should Know about Chaffles!
More keto breakfast recipes
- Mushroom Swiss Omelette
- Easy Frittata
- Chocolate Chip Grain Free Granola
- Ham and Cheese Calzone (keto + low carb)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (I used monk fruit, but you can use brown sugar monk fruit or your favorite sugar-free sweetener)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your mini waffle maker. Spray with oil before adding chaffle batter.
- Whisk your eggs, then add your shredded cheese, softened cream cheese, almond flour, baking powder, sweetener, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Mix until the cream cheese is smoothly incorporated throughout.
- Fill the waffle maker 2/3rd full (just a little more than 1/8th a cup). Don't overfill!
- Allow to cook 4-6 minutes or until waffle is crisp.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1 chaffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 5.6gCholesterol: 90.5mgSodium: 152.5mgCarbohydrates: 1.7gNet Carbohydrates: 1.3gFiber: 0.4gSugar: 0.4gProtein: 7.7g