Enjoy a plateful of these Keto Strawberry Shortcake Waffles for about 5 net carbs each! This is the perfect low carb breakfast!
Have you heard of a chaffle? These are low carb keto friendly waffles that are usually made from shredded cheese and eggs, and sometimes the addition of coconut or almond flour. Actually, I can’t believe I haven’t posted one before because I make them all of the time!
Recently, I began thinking ahead to Spring and those old favorites I know I will be craving and the first thing that came to mind was a Strawberry Shortcake! That is when I knew I wanted to make a keto friendly waffle that wasn’t cheese based so that I could create low carb Strawberry Shortcake Waffles.
These almond flour keto waffles fit the bill perfectly. One recipe makes two small waffles you can enjoy anyway you would like! They would be great with butter and keto friendly syrup, or like this with strawberries and whipped cream!
What ingredients do you need to make Keto Waffles?
The great thing about this recipe is that just need 7 pretty basic ingredients! They are:
- Almond flour
- Keto friendly sweetener such as swerve or monkfruit
- Heavy Cream
- Baking Powder
- Whipped Cream
How do you make Keto Strawberry Shortcake Waffles?
For this recipe I use my favorite tiny waffle maker, it makes exactly 2 perfectly sized waffles. The first step is to plug in your waffle maker and it is ready to go when the light goes off. Though this waffle maker does have a nonstick coating I always spray a very light coat of cooking spray just to be careful.
Next, in a small bowl combine the almond flour, egg, sweetener, heavy cream and baking powder and whisk until smooth. Carefully pour half of the mixture into the waffle maker. It will take 2-3 minutes and the waffle maker will “pop” up a bit when the waffle has expanded and risen. Remove the first waffle and set aside. Repeat the steps for the second waffle.
The final step is to assemble the strawberry shortcake stacks! Place one waffle on the bottom top with 1 1/2 thinly sliced strawberries and whipped cream and repeat for the second layer.
Lastly, you can dust a bit of powdered keto friendly sweetener if you like to make your waffles extra decadent!
What are some other easy keto breakfast recipes?
These 5 Ingredient Keto Sausage Balls are one of those super easy recipes that are perfect when you are short on time or ideas. Some other easy keto breakfast ideas are listed below, all of these combinations are under 7 net carbs.
- One heaping serving of this Keto Sausage Breakfast Hash
- Keto Mocha Frappuccino and three Keto Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites = just under 7 net carbs
- Keto Coffee Frappuccino, two Keto Sausage Cream Cheese Rolls and one hard boiled egg = roughly 6 net carbs
- Four Keto Almond Flour Sausage Balls and two scrambled eggs and an 8 ounce glass of unsweetened almond milk = roughly 5 net carbs
- Steak and Eggs and black coffee = roughly 2 net carbs
- Two BLT Lettuce Wraps and an Almond Butter Frappuccino = 7 net carbs
- Two Keto Cinnamon Rolls (seriously!!!) two slices of bacon and one egg over easy = under 5 net carbs
- Two Keto Ham and Cheese Muffins with a Coffee Frappuccino =under 7 net carbs
Keto Strawberry Shortcake WafflesYield: 1Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 5 minutesTotal Time: 10 minutes
The perfect keto appetizer! Keto Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels are made with fat head dough and loaded with sausage and cream cheese! Just two net carbs per serving! #keto
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon keto friendly sweetener (Swerve or Monkfruit)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 3 strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- The first step is to plug in your waffle maker and it is ready to go when the light goes off. Lightly spray with cooking spray
- In a small bowl combine the almond flour, egg, sweetener, heavy cream and baking powder and whisk until smooth.
- Carefully pour half of the mixture into the waffle maker. It will take 2-3 minutes and the waffle maker will "pop" up a bit when the waffle has expanded and risen.
- Remove the first waffle and set aside. Repeat the steps for the second waffle.
- The final step is to assemble the strawberry shortcake stacks: place one waffle on the bottom top with 1 1/2 thinly sliced strawberries and whipped cream and repeat for the second layer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 18.2gCholesterol: 219mgSodium: 79.5mgCarbohydrates: 6.4gNet Carbohydrates: 5.2gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 3.3gProtein: 9.4g